• Create Account

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  JeremyStCyr : (06 January 2023 - 12:09 AM)

i told someone of my subs on youtube recently i plan on taking a break least to april so during my break i will be working on that

@  JeremyStCyr : (06 January 2023 - 12:08 AM)

Pretz i just messaged my host, and i asked about wiping out this whole enitre site, why? i want to bring WolfpackArcade back stronger than ever, with the vBulletin, which will support v3arcade and ibproarcade and all the games will work once again, and it will be a ultimate game site dedicated to ibpro and downloads.

@  rg : (05 January 2023 - 09:57 PM)

Welcome to the forums marvin :)

@  JeremyStCyr : (02 January 2023 - 11:22 PM)

Sane to you Fanta

@  Fanta : (31 December 2022 - 07:13 PM)

Happy new year! :D

@  JeremyStCyr : (09 December 2022 - 03:40 PM)

Hey Fanta

@  Fanta : (09 December 2022 - 03:22 PM)

Hello Jeremy :D

@  JeremyStCyr : (21 April 2022 - 05:08 PM)

Your group has been fixed to donator kyle thank you!

@  rg : (21 April 2022 - 04:47 PM)

Welcome to the forums kylek :)

@  rg : (20 April 2022 - 12:11 PM)

Welcome to the forums commode59 :)

@  rg : (13 January 2022 - 11:05 AM)

Welcome to the forums west :)

@  JeremyStCyr : (25 October 2021 - 04:49 PM)

1 second

@  kmatt : (24 October 2021 - 10:33 AM)

I bought a gamepack, how do I get the download files?

@  kmatt : (23 October 2021 - 02:31 PM)

hi

@  rg : (23 October 2021 - 02:29 PM)

Welcome to the forums kmatt :)

@  bluethunder : (11 August 2021 - 03:18 PM)

long time no see

@  Belle : (27 May 2021 - 04:16 PM)

Ok

@  JeremyStCyr : (27 May 2021 - 12:00 PM)

Yes i want no more gimmicks, similar to what i been doing on YouTube, so its gonna be jeremystcyr.com

@  Belle : (26 May 2021 - 07:26 PM)

Different name?

@  JeremyStCyr : (26 May 2021 - 06:14 PM)

even though this site will redirect

(View All Videos) Toggle Members Videos

Toggle Scoreboard
ibProArcade Scoreboard

marvin has obtained a high score of 1478 Jan 05 2023 10:07 PM Playing penguins Revenge Play Now!                marvin has obtained a high score of 603.9 Jan 05 2023 10:04 PM Playing Dangerous Dave Part 1 : Mole Surfing Play Now!                Belle has obtained a high score of 14635 Sep 16 2022 12:45 PM Playing Power Solitaire Play Now!                Harmony has obtained a high score of 59940 Jul 17 2022 03:29 AM Playing Power Solitaire Play Now!                Belle has obtained a high score of 57140 Jul 08 2022 05:08 PM Playing Mahjongg 3D Tile Set 1 Play Now!                Belle has obtained a high score of 10500 Jul 08 2022 04:42 PM Playing Cosmic Switch Play Now!                Belle has obtained a high score of 54300 Jun 19 2022 02:19 PM Playing Mahjong 3D (042) Chrome - Deep Well Play Now!                Belle has obtained a high score of 23680 Jun 19 2022 01:44 PM Playing Mahjongg 3D (010) Classic - Cat And Mous Play Now!                Belle has obtained a high score of 34180 Jun 19 2022 11:41 AM Playing Mahjongg 3D (225) Ancient Doorway - Ston Play Now!                Belle has obtained a high score of 329 Jun 19 2022 10:54 AM Playing Mahjong Lianlian Girl Play Now!                Belle has obtained a high score of 5160 Jun 19 2022 05:11 AM Playing The Bridge Mahjong Play Now!                Belle has obtained a high score of 61820 Jun 19 2022 05:10 AM Playing Mahjongg 3D (068) Stone - The Dude Play Now!                Belle has obtained a high score of 16030 Jun 19 2022 04:54 AM Playing Cartoon Candy Play Now!                Belle has obtained a high score of 40260 Jun 18 2022 08:27 PM Playing The Secret Life of Pets Numbers Play Now!                Belle has obtained a high score of 1410 Jun 18 2022 07:44 PM Playing Persepolis - Spot the Difference Play Now!                Belle has obtained a high score of 79600 Jun 18 2022 07:33 PM Playing Kung Fu Panda 3 - Hidden Spots Play Now!                Belle has obtained a high score of 1530 Jun 18 2022 06:54 PM Playing Magic Stone Play Now!                Belle has obtained a high score of 118170 Jun 17 2022 08:30 PM Playing Animals Crush Unlimited Play Now!                Belle has obtained a high score of 946 Jun 17 2022 08:19 PM Playing Solitario Play Now!                Belle has obtained a high score of 589 Jun 17 2022 07:46 PM Playing Master of 3 Peak Play Now!                
Photo
- - - - -

Pee on your phone to test for STDs

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Lord Anubis

Lord Anubis

• Full Access
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 11:33 AM

Pee on your phone to test for STDs

Soon, all youll need to test yourself for STDs is a computer chip, some urine and a smartphone. For serious! You can finally the ignominy of a gonorrhoea diagnosis in the privacy of your own bathroom.

The self-testing pee-readers are currently in the research phase, with millions of dollars going towards the portable devices. Once theyre on the market, youd be able to relieve yourself on the USB dongle-sized chip, plug it into your phone or computer, and voila! Youll know if it was just an itch or

Developers hope that they can ultimately be sold for as little as a dollar, out of vending machines in nightclubs, pharmacies, supermarkets. Basically anywhere that you could have bought a condom and saved yourself the trouble.

This actually sounds like a wonderful thing! Assuming everyones got good aim and a steady hand. But if someones too nervous to see a doctor about it, why not give them the chance to break the news to themselves? Just so long as they eventually, you know, go see a doctor if they need to.

A new test will soon enable STDs to be diagnosed via mobile phone or computer,
a move that health experts hope will slow the rising rate of infection among young people

Mobile phones and computers will soon be able to diagnose sexually transmitted diseases under innovative plans to cut the UK's rising rate of herpes, chlamydia and gonorrhoea among young people.

Doctors and technology experts are developing small devices, similar to pregnancy testing kits, that will tell someone quickly and privately if they have caught an infection through sexual contact.

People who suspect they have been infected will be able to put urine or saliva on to a computer chip about the size of a USB chip, plug it into their phone or computer and receive a diagnosis within minutes, telling them which, if any, sexually transmitted infection (STI) they have. Seven funders, including the Medical Research Council, have put 4m into developing the technology via a forum called the UK Clinical Research Collaboration.

Sexual health experts hope it will help reduce the growing number of STIs, which have increased for the last decade and reached a record 482,696 last year. Two-thirds of women reporting a new STI were under 25, as were more than half of men.

The self-testing devices are aimed at technology-savvy young people. Public health experts are concerned that, although most STIs occur among that age group, many are too embarrassed to visit a GP or a genito-urinary medicine clinic to get tested and therefore continue to suffer and potentially pass the disease on. Doctors hope that the ability to obtain a private, confidential diagnosis will overcome their widespread reluctance to take a test.

The developers of the rapid testing devices expect them to be sold for as little as 50p or 1 each in vending machines in nightclubs, pharmacies and in supermarkets, as condoms are. They are drawing on nanotechnology and microfluidics, the creation of miniaturised laboratories.

"Your mobile phone can be your mobile doctor. It diagnoses whether you've got one of a range of STIs, such as chlamydia or gonorrhea and tells you where to go next to get treatment," said Dr Tariq Sadiq, a senior lecturer and consultant physician in sexual health and HIV at St George's, University of London, who is leading the project. "We need to tackle the rising epidemic of STIs, which have been going up and up and up. Britain is one of the worst [countries] in western Europe for teenage pregnancy and STIs. That there's a major embarrassment factor here, especially among young people, makes the situation worse." Some people do not get tested because they choose to do nothing about their symptoms, such as an itch or discharge, or dislike clinics' waiting lists or opening times. With some STIs people can remain infectious, even when the initial symptoms have disappeared.

Self-testing could lead to quicker diagnosis, fewer STIs and patients gaining greater control of their sexual health, as well as the ability to alert recent sexual partners, he added.

Sadiq is head of the Electronic Self-testing Instruments for Sexually Transmitted Infections consortium, which includes experts in microbiology, public health, telecommunications and micro-engineering from medical research institutions, the NHS and industry. The NHS's technology adoption centre, the National Institute of Health and Clinical Excellence and mobile phone operators, including 02, are also involved.

Doctors said the devices could help by removing the need to meet a health professional. "Some people may find going into a doctor's surgery to be tested an intimidating experience, so it's crucial that we find new ways to engage with people," said Dr Marion Henderson, from the MRC's social and public health sciences unit. Some STIs do not always display symptoms, she added. "This is important, particularly for women, as it can lead to future painful pelvic inflammatory disease and even infertility, both of which could be avoided with testing and appropriate treatment."

Prof Noel Gill, head of HIV and STIs at the Health Protection Agency, the government agency that monitors infections and advises on containment strategies, said: "HPA surveillance has shown that the impact of STIs is greatest among young people and we hope that the application of new technology will help to reduce transmission of infection in this age group.

"This is an exciting research and development consortium which will develop new technologies that both improve and expand testing for STIs. As innovations become available, the HPA will co-ordinate large-scale evaluations within a network of collaborating STI clinics," Gill added.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

STDs: the facts:

A total of 482,696 new cases of sexually transmitted infection were recorded across the UK in 2009, some 12,000 more than in 2008. Of those, 231,433 were in women (up 4%) and 249,605 in men (up 1%).

Two-thirds of last year's new STI diagnoses in women were among under-25s. For example, 88% of the 127,741 cases of chlamydia, 73% of the 5,434 cases of gonorrhoea and 66% of the 42,095 cases of genital warts among women occurred in that age group.

Among men, slightly more than half of all the new STIs were in under-25s, including 69% of the 84,863 cases of male chlamydia, 47% of the 49,105 cases of genital warts and 41% of the 11,541 cases of gonorrhoea.

The most common age at which women get an STI is 19-20, while for men it is 20-23.

#2 derriere

derriere

• Full Access
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 11:18 AM

lmfao! that's disgusting!

#3 excalibur

excalibur

• Full Access
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 12:33 AM

yup you can bet a future model of the iPhone, will have an app for that... laugh.gif

#4 starman_uk

starman_uk

• Full Access
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 02:04 PM

will it work on the nindendo weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

#5 JeremyStCyr

JeremyStCyr

Administrator

• Owner
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,707 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 02:19 PM

Hell naw lol

#6 thetspe

thetspe

• Full Access
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 12:46 AM

LMAO!!!

I don't think I'll be asking anyone to borrow a phone anymore...

#7 Mud Dog

Mud Dog

• Full Access
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 09:16 PM

QUOTE (thetspe @ Feb 7 2011, 02:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
LMAO!!!

I don't think I'll be asking anyone to borrow a phone anymore...

I wonder if anyone will get suspicious if I barrow there phone and take it to the bathroom to test it ? laugh.gif tongue.gif Just wipe it off and give it back.

#8 Hawkheart

Hawkheart

• Donator
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 09:42 AM

I expect a separate device. Similar to...

You don't really use your phone as one yet. (Yet!)

#9 Tuggy

Tuggy

• Full Access
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 06:44 PM

lol, nice.

#10 AmandaFN

AmandaFN

• Full Access
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 12:27 PM

technology ftw

#11 Guest_nycoepitome_*

Guest_nycoepitome_*

Posted 20 December 2011 - 11:13 AM

lol this can't be for real... There will be so many broken phones, humanity doesn't have the aim for this technology yet.

#12 Bluedemon

Bluedemon

• Full Access
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 03:50 AM

Seems like a silly way to go about it.

#13 xKillerbees

xKillerbees

• GamePack Donator
  • Pip
  • 5 posts